Activities to visit Lozère
Visit Lozere and its various landscapes, land of great spaces. The gorges of tarn, a true canyon sculpted in limestone between the ‘Causse de Sauveterre and the Causse Méjean”. Discover villages and hamlets among rocky chaos. Awake your curiosity : walk, sail, explore, climb, fish, visit, practice quiet or more energetic activities to delight everyone. Sports opened to all : the gorges of tarn are a privileged place to practice all kind of sports. Go to discover the gorges of tarn in canoe, at your own rhythm. It’s an adventure for all.
Canoe, kayak and fishing will enable you to refresh and enjoy the sights offered by the gorges of tarn, walk, rides in mountain bike, on the numerous paths of lozere, or else extreme sport ( parapente, via ferrata, canyoning…) for the boldest.
A wild and protected nature : Sainte lucie’s wolves’park, near of Marvejols, enables to get close to more than one hundred beautiful spacies (from Canada, Siberia, Mongolia, and Polland) on several hectares of forest. Forget about the terrible animal of the legend of Gevaudan.
In hyelzas, visit a traditional farm with its architecture and discover how people used to live in the old days.
Vultures’belvedere in Saint Pierre des Tripiers (Gorges of the Jonte, Meyrueis, le Rozier). It’s a magical place to discover this animal: an underground trip with sounds, surprises and images will lead you to the patio where you will be able to discover freely these great raptores.
The national park of Cevennes : Its great spaces and the richness of its nature (animals and plants) are expecting you. And why not be tempted by a ride or a donkey though the “Causse of Sauveterre”.
Interesting cultural activities : the company of mineral water of Quezac and Ispagnac, offers all year round to discover the marvelous story of Quezac’s naturally fizzy water.
Guided visits from the spring to the embattling plant. Already gifted a rich and preserved natural patrimony Lozere proposes also quality visits to its guests.
The malene’s boatmen : a quiet slide on a barge. On the “Causse Méjean” : not to be missed, the cave of Aven Armand. A 100m below the surface, discover an incredible and enchanting place.
And a lot more to discover
- Guides are available for all activities : thematic walks, snow shoewalking, canyoning…
- Millau’s viaduct, about 1 hour drive from Blajoux, after crossing the wonderful Gorges of Tarn.
- On the “Causse Méjean”, from Chanet’s aerodrome, discover the Gorges of Tarn, Gorges of Jonte, Causes and mount Aigoual in a glider or a plane.
- Along the roads enjoy the sights : traditional and typical villages made of limestone.
Products from the country
Buy directly from the farm, different goat cheeses and on the “Causse Méjean”, in the dairy-farm “le Fédou” : assist to the making of ewe’s milk cheeses.
Events in blajoux and more
- Typical meal in the village : ”aligot”
- Other festivals :
- Festival nature with the park of Cevennes from april to October : various animations on fauna and flora of the area, walks, local histories.
- Villages votive festivals
- The soup festival in florac in November
For more information
- Tourism office of Gorges du Tarn Cevennes : https://www.cevennes-gorges-du-tarn.com/